RYLAN STRIKES GOLD!
TV STAR VISITS TK MAXX AS STORE REWARDS CUSTOMERS IN SUMMER OF SPORTING AND SHOPPING BIG WINS
Ten years ago today, Team GB achieved our best ever medal haul at the London 2012 Olympics – and TK Maxx is celebrating by bringing that brilliant winning feeling to customers across the country and giving them the chance to win their own ‘gold medal’ treasure.
Kicking off in London today with TV star Rylan the TK Maxx Summer of Big Wins will then hit the #TeamGB hotspots, bringing the treasure hunt to every place – Cardiff, Edinburgh, Belfast and Birmingham, to mark the Commonwealth Games being hosted in the city.
There will be 65 ‘medals’ hidden inside each store, every Saturday in August – each one representing the number won by Team GB in 2012 and giving the public the chance to win up to £65 off their shopping on the everyday amazing value in-store and online.
Rylan was spotted limbering up to uncover his own treasure early this morning at TK Maxx’s flagship store on London’s Oxford Street, don’t miss your chance to do the same and end up on the winner’s podium – it’s going to be a summer of big wins, both sporting and shopping!
TK Maxx recently released research that shows summer simply puts a spring in our step. 77% of Brits polled said they find it easier to get out of bed in the summertime than the winter, with park runs and footy in the garden on their minds.
More than half of Brits (55%) say summer is their favourite time of year, compared to 12% who said winter – to each their own!
Not only that, but 63% of people find it much easier to do outdoor exercise during the summer months – so there’s no better time to stock up on TK’s range of summer essentials across beauty, homeware, fashion and, of course, activewear.
TK Maxx have also undertaken some Very Important Sports Facts (VISF), all with a TK twist…
Did you know?
- Mo Farah’s double Gold glory in the Men’s 5,000m and 10,000m is the equivalent of over 20,000 pairs of men’s socks laid out end to end!
- The length it took for Bradley Wiggins’ to power to Gold in the Men’s Individual Time Trial is equivalent to that of 73,333 suitcases!
- Greg Rutherford’s winning long jump in 2012 was the same as leaping over 57 pairs of men’s sunglasses lying back-to-back!
- Jessica Ennis-Hill’s javelin throw on her way to glory in the women’s Heptathlon event was 47.49m – or over 194 women’s shoes!
- Tom Daley’s 10m spectacular platform dive in 2012 is the equivalent of over 14 men’s polo shirts stacked on top of each other!
- Helen Glover and Heather Stanning rowed for Gold at Eton Dorney – over a distance of more than 13,500 children’s shoes!
You can get all the nation’s favourite summer essentials at TK Maxx with up to 60% less than the RRP.
Whether you’re counting down the days till things cool down or can’t wait to sizzle those sausages on the BBQ, get equipped at TK Maxx with essentials for all year round. But for now, get your hands on our summer must-haves, in-store or online at TKMaxx.com.